Senior Java Architect
Location: QL2 Software Gurgaon, India
We are seeking a Sr. Java Architect to join our Engineering team in Gurgaon, India. As a Sr. Java Architect, you will be responsible for devising and developing solutions to build out and maintain the systems that drive the operations of QL2. Work will revolve around devising solutions to support and scale the core platforms responsible for generating and maintaining business critical data.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develop solutions in Java and appropriate scripting tools.
- Design, implement, and maintain the core QL2 backend platforms.
- Identify areas of concern in the current ecosystem and derive innovative solutions to solve them.
- Communicate effectively with Engineering teams locally and remotely.
- Adhere to SDLC process in an Agile environment.
- Improve overall architecture by tracking emerging technologies; evaluating their applicability to business goals and operational requirements.
FUNCTIONAL JOB COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor’s degree with 8+ years of professional experience.
- Strong development and automation skills with Java and scripting languages (python, perl, shell, PHP, etc.)
- Experience with cloud providers (AWS preferred).
- Ability to use common development environments including source control methods (SVN, Git), IDEs (Eclipse or IntelliJ), build tools (Jenkins, Bamboo).
- Database knowledge and strong SQL skills. (Snowflake, Postgres preferred).
- Ability to learn new technologies, perform competitive analysis, and provide recommendations for implementation.
- Expert problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in Linux (RedHat,CentOS) and Windows environments.
- Possess excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
- Proven ability to identify, analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to function as a technical team leader and mentor junior developers.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and at least 8 years equivalent work experience.